The Nutrition Advisory Panel identifies nutrition research priorities for the California Dried Plum Board. The distinguished members of the panel represent expertise in the areas of women's health, general dietary guidance, dietary fiber, digestive health, nutrition and physical activity, nutrition and immunity, antioxidant research and food science.
The panel includes:
- Phyllis E. Bowen, Ph.D., RD, Professor Emerita, Dept. of Kinesiology and Nutrition, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Kristine L. Clark, Ph.D, RD, FACSM, Director of Sports Nutrition, Intercollegiate Athletics and Nutritional Sciences Departments, Pennsylvania State University, University Park
- J. Bruce German, Ph.D., Professor and Food Chemist, Department of Food Science and Technology, University of California, Davis.
- Daniel D. Gallaher, Professor, Department of Food Science and Nutrition, College of Food, Agricultural, and Natural Resource Sciences, University of Minnesota, St. Paul
- Connie Rogers, Ph.D., MPH, Assistant Professor, Department of Nutritional Sciences, Pennsylvania State University, University Park
- David Q. Shih, MD, Ph.D., Assistant Director of Basic Research, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Center and the Immunology Institute, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles
The nutrition research activities of the California Dried Plum Board are coordinated by Mary Jo Feeney, MS, RD, FADA, Nutrition Advisor, Los Altos, California.