Bircher Muesli with California Dried Plums
Natalie Coughlin starts her day with her easy and delicious take on the favorite Swiss whole-grain cereal, Bircher Muesli. Just soak rolled and steel-cut oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, grated apple and California Dried Plums in apple and orange juice, top with yogurt and fresh fruit, to jumpstart your morning with a boost of long-lasting energy.Natalie Coughlin is passionate about healthy eating & living.
Get her tips now!
1 cup coarsely grated unpeeled apple
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup steel-cut oats
1/2 cup chopped raw natural almonds
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup (about 3 ounces) quartered California pitted dried plums
1 1/2 cups apple juice
Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
Sliced bananas and yogurt, for serving
In a large bowl, combine apple, rolled and steel-cut oats, almonds, sunflower seeds and dried plums. Add apple juice, orange zest and orange juice; mix well. Refrigerate, covered, overnight or up to 3 days. To serve, portion into bowls and top with bananas and yogurt.
- Mesclun Salad with California Dried Plums, Goat Cheese and Pecans
- Pizzettas with California Dried Plums & Caramelized Onions
- Risotto with California Dried Plums and Radicchio
- California Dried Plum Swedish Meatballs
- Vietnamese Turkey Meatball California Dried Plum Banh Mi Sandwich
- Citrus Bulgur Salad with California Dried Plums